If you are in need of support or have questions:
We are still available by phone and mail from monday to friday.
Monday to Friday until 1pm: call 0511-3687-0 and ask for ProMigration.
- Migration counseling for grown ups (MBE): natalja.letuschow(at)dw-h.de; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Refugee counseling (asylum and rights of residence): email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
- Youth migration service (JMD): 0172-5102728 ; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- People without papers / sans papier (DiaMiPA): firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write us in your mother tongue and we will try to get it translated.
Languages we are able to handle without external translation: German, English,
Arabic, Polish, Russian.
You can`t reach us immediately? Please keep trying!
This situation is also new to us and we are still practicing counseling from
Thank you for your interest. We would like to introduce ourselves.
We translated this website into many languages and therefore hope that you receive all the information you need.
Counselling for migrants:
Our migrant counselling centres offer you individual and comprehensive assistance. We assist with your language skills and your workplace and social integration. Our counselling interviews are free of charge and are treated confidentially. The help you receive is independent from your religion or nationality.
If you would like to arrange an appointment for your counselling, please contact us by phone either on Mondays from 8.00 to 9.30 or on Thursdays from 13.00 to 14.30. The telephone number is +49511 36 87 162. You can also visit in person at these times to make an appointment. Our address is Burgstraße 8-10.
If you want to visit our clothing distribution, please come to Burgstraße 8-10 on Mondays, Thursdays or Fridays from 8.00 to 10.00. Please note that unfortunately we can only serve a limited amount of people and we serve in order of arrival.
If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact us via email pro.migration(at)dw-h.de. If possible, please send us your email in German, English or French. Emails in any other languages take us longer to reply to.
It is our pleasure to be here for you.
You can find more information about us here.
The Diakonisches Werk Hannover is a protestant charitable organisation.
The social ministry gives advice and support, consoles and strengthens and helps people to help themselves by offering many projects. The aims of diaconal activities are the respect of human dignity and the participation in life and society.
Our spectrum of tasks and aims:
• Children, adolescents and adults: social inclusion instead of exclusion, job prospect instead of being socially secluded, to invest in people instead of abandoning them in poverty, isolation and resignation
• Women and girls: deaconry accompanies and encourages women and girls to exercise their rights in social discrimination and emotional distress.
• Elderly people: people in Germany become older and older. Most of them are healthy and fit up until old age but there are new issues for them in our individualistic society: social isolation, dependency on care and old-age poverty.
• Homeless people: a lot of homeless people do not only suffer from poverty but also from mental distress. They need places where they learn how to structure their day again, where they experience and receive help and counselling and where they get a daily routine.
• Migrants: The aims and tasks of the integration assistance are independent from residence permits. It is oriented towards the need for integration of the immigration groups.
There are 350 full-time employees and around 800 voluntary workers responsible for all these tasks. They work in 10 different departments of the Diakonisches Werk.
We thank you for your interest.
The management of the Diakonisches Werk Hannover